Review - Spring (Seasons Within #2) by Lele Iturrioz

by - Wednesday, June 07, 2017

35127076


Spring
(Seasons Within #2)
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult 
Expected Publication: September 1st 2017
Publisher: Acorn Publishing 


Gaia finally knows who she is and what she’s meant to do. It’s only been a few weeks since the earth element woke in her. Now that she’s embracing her role as Mother Nature, she must journey with her group of power-wielding friends in a race against time to get back home before Azazel reaches them. 
With the awakening of a brand new element, her true past with Edan, a dangerous decision that could change the very essence of who she is, and a traitor among her group, the broken road back to Terra will be a test of strength.
After all, even if Gaia doesn’t know it, war is closer than she thinks. 

- Other Book in the Series -

32051457


               

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the author. You are the best! 

When it comes to Lele, she has a way to blow my brain out of proportions. She has done it again with Spring!

When I first read Seasons Within, I fell in love with the characters and the world setting. I loved G's innocence, Edan's protectiveness, Priyam's humor and the bada**ness of The Six, the group has a way of making the readers feel included into their warm circle and I savored every second of it. In all honesty, they are a family and I couldn't imagine it being anyone else - which brings me to the major plot twist at the end of the story, brace yourself, lots of ugly sobbing and Kleenex are required. I'm still reeling for the fact that thathappened. Why Lele? Why do you do this to us?? 

(Ahh, they reminded me of the friendship dynamics in Sense8, and I know you love Sense8 too Lele!)

Spring continues with the group embarking on the journey to find a way of returning to Terra. With more of Azazel's creature on their tail, a betrayer in their midst and Gaia's growing affinity for the elements, the story took a more exciting yet dangerous turn, each scene was packed with more action and adrenaline than the one before. The fights were so epic I was genuinely amazed at the author's imagination! It was intense and terrifying as I was left gripping the edge of my seat whenever a Draak appears. Now that Gaia is maturing into her role as Mother Nature, she shines with her personality. I am so proud of how much Gaia has achieved in a short amount of time. If Mother Nature has a face and name, it would DEFINITELY be Gaia. 

If you are an Edan and Gaia fan (like I am), you'll get more than you hoped for in the second installment. The burning passion and their intense chemistry just got hotter by the second. I craved for every moment for when they are together and how their souls are always in sync. In Spring, there was budding romance, while some other hearts are crushed, but I loved that the author also took the time to explore their relationships instead of solely focusing on Gaia and Edan's. My second favorite couple is Veter and Shui, I'm also rooting hard for Floyd and Priyam!

(For when Gaia and Edan are on friendly terms :p )

You'd think that I'll get used to the idea of nature and its elements, but I'm still reveling in the beauty of the story. I can re-read this series a million times and it will still be love at first read. 

Nature has a story to tell and I'm taking the front row seat with this series. In a world of war and destruction, this series reminds you that nature has its own will. Utterly captivating and brilliant! 

Posted by,
post signature

You May Also Like

0 comments

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Wishing you a dreamy day!