Losing it (Losing it #1) by Cora Carmack

by - Saturday, December 27, 2014

Losing It (Losing It #1 - Cora Carmack)
Published October 15th 2012

         Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, Bliss Edwards decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible - a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

It's so cheesy, but I love cheese.

From the start of the book I was as enchanted by Garrick Taylor as much as Bliss Edwards is. Who wouldn't? Tall and handsome with a killer British accent and calls you 'love' every so often? He reminded me of the alluring Klaus from the Originals and I was swept off my feet right from the moment Bliss Edwards laid an eye on him, in a bar, reading Shakespear. 



First impression: Well refined gentleman. 

The story is predictable alright, but what made me lose my sanity and finished it in one sitting? 

Chemistry. Something that I have felt lacking in many romance books these days (or maybe I have yet to encounter the right ones). From the flirtatious pick up lines to the steamy scenes, building up to the climatic argument, I knew I was going to go all 'gasping' and 'frowning' and 'lips biting' in my seat. It's rare to find books that make you actually laugh out loud instead of an awkward attempt to make a joke (then again, maybe I have been reading the wrong ones), but Bliss Edwards is just such a lovable, cute and funny character and most importantly, does not drag on her uncertainties for too long, well, except for her virginity. 

Personally, I find this book really enjoyable, I was able to connect with the characters on an emotional level, feel their passion for their career (theatre and acting), the comfort of Bliss and Cade's relationship and  the bond between Bliss and Garrick. The only thing I found lacking is the development of the minor characters, although I am swooned by the main plot, I would love to have a sub-plot, because really, Bliss seems to be alone most of the time. 


Love triangle, checked. 
Handsome British guy, checked. 
Sweet and loving BFF, checked. 
A grumpy cat. checked. 
Humor and wit? Heck yeah. 

I'm 100% losing it! 

Happy Reading!

Reviewed by,

You May Also Like

0 comments

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Wishing you a dreamy day!