Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi

by - Monday, August 12, 2013




Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.



Juliette has been isolated from mankind for 264 excruciating days. 

She has been known for her lethal touch that could kill a living person, for that, she has been called a freak and was abandoned by her parents. Never known of love and intimacy, it is a wonder why she hasn't fall into the depths of desperation and despair. It is a wonder why she hasn't lose her sanity and haven't stopped hoping. 

Tahereh Mafi shattered me from the beginning, I have to admit, I'm a sucker for sad stories and dramas, and she has just created a perfect setting for Juliette with her heartbreaking background that had me tearing up! Also, I couldn't help by admiring her strength as she battles insanity and the ultimate guilt she is condemned with. 

And boy, I thought it will just be a typical story of self-discovery when Adam shows up! (Adam is the main male character)I was really surprised at the plot twist, it was adrenaline junkie to the end.

However, as much as I loved the writing and the originality of it, I was quite put off by how Juliette grows throughout the story. Her relationship with Adam grows rather rapidly and I thought it was rather lacking in development. That's the only complaint I have! Couldn't wait to see how the story unravels.

Reviewed by, 

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh my goodness Natasha I absolutely LOVE your blog header! It's so cute!

    The book sounds great. I love when an author can do something unique and gives me a really amazing heroine like Juliette. I'll have to check this one out! Thanks for the heads up on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! Thank you so much for liking and stopping by my blog!! =D

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Wishing you a dreamy day!