Before (Heaven and Hell 0.5) by Cambria Hebert

by - Thursday, November 17, 2011

Before - Cambria Hebert
             

What if your life was charmed and everything in it was perfect… 
Before. 

This is the story of my past. Of what things were like for me when everything was normal. Of what every teenager’s life is like. Clothes. Parties. Boys and summer vacation. What’s so wrong with that? I liked it. I was happy. 

Until things changed. I changed. 

I didn’t know that lies and secrets were about to take over my existence. I didn’t know there was someone out there, someone meant just for me. I didn’t know that I was about to go on a journey, a journey that would lead me to the girl I am today. 
This is the beginning of the worst year of my life. Would I go back and change things? Erase everything that has happened to go back into these moments? 

Not a chance. 

This is a story of before.


It took me 19 pages to fall in love with this book, imagine what a hundred more would do? I could never ever imagined how 19 pages could have worked me up so much, I was screaming CLIFFHANGER like a maniac in the end, no kidding. 

I love how the story was written, 19 pages to introduce us to Mr.Harbouring-Dark-Secrets-And-Crushing-On-A-Girl Sam, and bubbly-I-don't-see-it-coming Heven (I just can't get over the fact that I am crushing on a guy who I've known only for 19 pages, that must be a new record for me, what can I say? I'm easily attracted to mysterious guys LOL) 

Truth to be told, I never expected such a short story to be capable of being so adrenaline junkie and dark, but it exceeded my expectations, and so I would describe this book into two words. 

Fast and Furious!

I can't wait for what the next book, Masquerade has in store for us, Fast & Furious 2? 

Before did a great job for reminding me the joy of getting pumped up for the next book. 

Reviewed by,

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. I loved it as well! Great review. :)

    Oh, and I'm definitely with you about Sam. LOL

    Alexandra~
    PS: Check out my Monday interview with Cambria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks:D I really like this one! Can't wait to start Masquerade!

    I love her interviews! She is funny! Going over now:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your review! I totally agree with you. 19 pages were enough to get hooked, I never even saw it coming...oops, that's your Heven quote...:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, thanks for liking it! I just started Masquerade and dang, I was so reluctant to go to bed last night :P

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Wishing you a dreamy day!